Friday, August 22, 2008

Cuil New Things

I am a seriously devoted Google user. I love Google.

But... not everyone does. Some of the Google team left that company to start their own search engine site:
Welcome Cuil.com (pronounced 'cool')... this would appear to be the antithesis of Google. Its home page is black, and its approach is different in that the results of your search are organized by ideas, and they guarantee user privacy. They offer 120 billion pages through which to search.

Maybe they can help me find...

5 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Wow. I hadn't heard of Cuil and checked it out from your link.

Thank you, Scarlett! I've bookmarked it for easy access.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hey Hearts!

Well... it's new.
I still think I like Google better... but we will see!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Sameera Ansari said...

Have tried it,didn't appeal to me.I am addicted to google too,don't think could ever switch to any other search engine.

Btw,have you tried the visual search engine (http://www.searchme.com)?It's nice though has a much smaller database.

Have a nice weekend dear :)

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Sweet Sameera,

Search me huh? Well, I will check that out.

I'm not sure I could defect from Google either, I love it too much. I love the different pictures that they integrate into their name on the page, I love the way they treat their employees, I love the way they run their company, I love the "I feel lucky" button (although it frequently proves to me that I am not as lucky as I thought...) and I love the origin of the name.
Googol is the number 1 with 100 zeroes after it; hence the style of pages to search through at the bottom... very clever. And I like the look of their pages and all the tools they offer.

I'm staying... but perhaps now and then, I might visit Cuil too, just to sniff around and see what's going on.

Hope you have a great weekend as well!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Anonymous said...

Personally, it's magazine-type layout doesn't appeal to me. I prefer simple layouts like that of Find.com.