Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Viaggiatore's Milestone, and a Farewell to Brothers in Arms

One year ago today, Seamus of Shameless Words and The Shameless Lions Writing Circle gifted me with one of my favorite delights, when he allowed me to adopt Viaggiatore, and join the writing circle.

Since that day, many things have happened. Viaggiatore and I have gone everywhere together and made many new friends. He has been my muse, my inspiration, and my constant joy every time I come here. His stories are exciting, adventurous, and there seems to be no end to them. I am still learning so much about him.







How bittersweet and ironic that almost at the milestone of our first year together, Seamus has retired from blogging. He has made a decision to move on to other things.

It is the opportune time to thank him, not only for the fantastic words he writes,
photographs that he makes, and music that he creates and plays so beautifully, but also for bringing so many wonderful people together in such an imaginative way. Such good friends have been found, for the sake of his brilliant mind and hard work. I sincerely hope that The Shameless Lions Writing Circle stays together as long as possible.



Thank you, Seamus, we wish you the very best. Perhaps someday in the future, if we are lucky, we will hear from you again. You could never know how much good you have done in such enormous ways, by the small efforts that you have made. May you be blessed a thousand times over for them.

Viaggiatore and I have thoroughly enjoyed this year, and we look forward with anticipation to all the years to come, together.


Best to you all,

Au Revoir Seamus

Scarlett & Viaggiatore


15 comments:

rel said...

Scarlett,
Seamus indeed is a talented man with tremendous fore sight. I'm glad for the oppoortunity to join the circle with a number of blogging friends. The one thing that stands head and shoulders above all the other pleasures afforded me by way of membership was the introduction to you and viaggiatore.

And for that i'll be eternally grateful.
rel

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Oh my gosh!
You made me cry. Just a little, you know, some tears of happiness.

Thank you, I am humbled by your kindness. We feel the same about you and Zach.

Best always,

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Kay Cooke said...

Kauri and I ditto all that! Thanks for paying such a sweet and sincere 'thank you' to Seamus whose energy and inspiration will be missed. (I hope he gets to read this himself.)

Clowncar said...

Am I being hopelessly dense by asking who exactly Viaggiatore is? Beyond being a magnificent multi-colored lion?

Unknown said...

Seamus will be missed but I guess when your blog becomes an effort it is time to stop. We both started blogging at about the same time (March 2006) so I suppose if I wasn't so sad I would celebrate having him around for so long in this transient bloggy world.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hi Kay,

Thank you for yours and Kauri's voices as well; I'm sure the whole circle would second it.
We have been blessed to have made many friends among those in the group, and you are one of the best!
Very glad we got to connect.


Hello Clowncar,

Viaggiatore is a real lion, one of 48 who were created as an artistic project to benefit charity. All 48 lions were made as a basic sculpture in Lyon, France and then 48 artists were commissioned to design them as they liked, then after a celebration, the lions were auctioned off and the money given to charity.
Spain does something similar with bulls, and Denver did something like that with steers (you may have seen painted cows/steers around town...)
So, someone actually does own the original statue, but Seamus got copyright permission (thank you Seamus) and took photos of all the lions, started the writing circle and gave the 'photo lions' out for adoption to those writers whom he believed would be a good addition to the circle.
I adopted Viaggiatore, he is my muse, my traveling companion, my delight.
Someday, I want to go to Lyon and see him in person, if I can.


Dearest Minx,

I do celebrate you both, but it is sad when friends move on.
I'm very glad that you are still here.
Thanks for continuing onward.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

We come; we go. The pine evergreens; the leaf falls unnoticed. The robin still sings vespers. And matins.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hi PK,

Sigh...

I feel like we were just at a Sunday service in church.
That's twice this week that you've done that.

Good!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

J said...

What a wonderful gift this blogging is. So glad that Seamus took it up while he did.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hi Jules,

Yes, yes indeed. So many good things have come of it, you included, lady.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Unknown said...

I love what you've done with your shots of Viaggiatore! And yes, it's thanks to Seamus that you and I met!
Hasn't blogging turned out to be just such a blessing.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

*GASP* YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vanilla, it's so wonderful to see you!
What a fantastic surprise, I couldn't be more delighted.

Blogging has turned out to be a true blessing in so many ways, and I am very glad that you and I got to connect here, you are one of my favorite blog friends.

Thanks for dropping by, it's so good to hear from you. Best to you always.

XO
Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Such lovely sentiments for our Seamus, Scarlett. Thank you for this.

S. Kearney said...

Wow, what a wonderful post to stumble across. Thank you so much for these words. You've brought a tear to my eye! I'm no longer blogging, but I still call in on my favourite sites from time to time. I had a great run, and I will never forget you all. Thank you for the smiles and the wise words.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Sognatrice,

It is my honor, he did so much for all of us.
So glad that we were all part of it together... for a time.


Seamus,

What a wonderful surprise, I did not expect to hear from you, and that makes this visit extra special.
The surprise, coupled with the sentiments, made me cry. You did have a great run, and your time here touched so many others.
Best of luck to you always, Seamus.
Thank you more than I can express.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore