Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Esprit de Corps of Muses

It is Viaggiatore's 2nd birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIAGGIATORE!!


My goodness, has it been two years already? My how time flies.
Two years ago, Seamus offered up 48 lions for adoption; an act that made both the adopter and the lion, members of The Shameless Lions Writing Circle. So began a journey of friendship, writing and travel for Viaggiatore and I.

Viaggiatore is my muse, my inspiration, and always my delight. He has never failed to bring a genuinely happy smile to my face every time I see him. We have written quite a bit, traveled so many places and met several wonderful friends. Time is continually improving our bond, moment by moment.

He is, to me, the 10th Muse.

There were nine, originally, according to ancient Greek mythology. He's in the good company of these ladies:

Calliope: she is the muse of epic poetry, her emblem is the writing tablet.

Clio: is the muse of history, and her emblem is the scroll.

Erato: who is the muse of lyric poetry, symbolized by the cithara.

Euterpe: the muse of music (which is also the etymology of that word), and whose emblem is the aulos.

Melpomene: the muse of tragedy; she carries the tragic mask.


Polyhymnia: the muse of choral poetry, whose symbol is the veil.


Terpsichore: she is the muse of dance, and her emblem is the lyre.


Thalia: the muse of comedy who carries the comic mask.


Urania: the muse of astronomy, whose emblems are the globe and compass (she is our favorite of the nine, of course).

14 comments:

rel said...

Scarlett,
Well done lady!
btw, who is the muse of serendipity? ;>)
rel
p.s. Happy birthday Viaggiatore.
Zaccharias and I wish you many more!

Kay Cooke said...

My lion Kauri has not been forgotten either! I always appreciate seeing Viaggiatore.

Suburbia said...

Happy Birthday Viaggiatore!

Lovely post Scarlett :-)

molly said...

Well! It's always a good day when I learn something new!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Rel!

HAAA ha ha... *I* am the muse of serendipity and irony. ;o)

Thank you and Zach so much!!


Hello Kay!

I know that is absolutely true! You and Kauri have been writing some wonderful works over the last 2 years! I love to read the fruits of your collaboration!
;o)


Thank you Suburbia!! We will be glad to send you some chocolate birthday cake... ;o)


Miss Molly, that is the sign of a wide open mind. I always learn so much at your place, too!


Thank you!

XO
Scarlett & Viaggiatore

leslie said...

Viaggiatore and I share the same birthday. But he is much younger than I! :)
Happy Birthday, Viaggiatore!!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

This was fascinating! Polyhymnia's name is perfectly self-explanatory. If only everyone's core character were so easily discerned.

And a happy birthday to Viaggiatore! I hope many marvelous celebrations are planned.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!!

I hope you had a good birthday, and that all of your birthday wishes came true.
May this new year of yours find you blessed every single day.
HUGS


Dearest Hearts,

Wouldn't that be fantastic? Just like nutrition labels on food, we could have character labels within our names... oh, what a lot of time and energy that would save.

We are still celebrating!!!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore


***The Games Continue Soon!!***
Come play!!

So that would be the muse of winning games... Nintenda... ;o)

Anonymous said...

No way has it been two years, wow the time flies! It is through Seamus and the The Shameless Lion's Writing Circle that I met you!

somepinkflowers said...

happy birthday
a bit late
bold muse of a lion.

:-)

i do love how your roam about
and enjoy life to the fullest.

who could ask more from a muse?

{{ well, if you loaned out
your platinum AmExp card,
that would be nice, too }

i send you
~*somepinkflowers*~
on your special day

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Viaggiatore! And this means that it is all the lions birthday! Kashgar, who's gone off on a multiversal exploration with Atyllah, sends roars and tail flicks!

Pearl said...

2 years huh? Love the walk with the female muses.

Clowncar said...

hey, Urania is my fave too!

who knew?

clowncarnia, btw, is the muse of rubber japanese monsters from the 59s and 60s.

mothra. rodan. those guys.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hey Kat!

Isn't that something? 2 years. Who could have guessed all the wonderful friends we'd make, joining that circle!
We're glad that you are still around.


SomePinkFlowers,

Thank you, Viaggiatore LOVES the beautiful pink flowers that you brought him.
He said lions are at the top of the food chain, though, so they aren't required to have cards.

Must be nice, right?


Vanilla!

Viaggiatore's birthday is the day that I adopted him from Seamus. Not sure if you adopted Kashgar on the same day but I do know that it's gotta be pretty close; that circle filled up in about a week and a half!
So Happy Birthday to Kashgar as well!
I hope the lion and chicken are having a grand time, wherever they are!
;o)


Hello Pearl!

I loved walking with those muses, too. Aren't they lovely?
Good to see you.


Dear Clowncar,

...I knew. Just a hunch, of course... ;o)

I like Mothra!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore