Monday, July 27, 2009

Wandering Into A Bath ~ Destination Thirteen

Congratulations Vanilla! She won the latest point in the Wandering game! Excellent work!
We were indeed visiting the Skeleton Coast of Namibia, and if you haven't checked this haunted ruin of a graveyard out, it's well worth a look!

Current points:

Michelle: Bleeding Espresso 4 points
Rel: Under The Microscope 2 points
Hearts: Guilty With An Explanation 2 points
Lee: Dancing Crow 2 points
Vanilla: Absolute Vanilla 1 point


As soon as Vanilla found us, we were off again!
Viaggiatore and I have turned and gone in the opposite direction, to go have a very special bath!

Destination Thirteen~

Between the Ankh and the Crescent, a former capital city where every ruler built his own palace.
The bath of the first is now filled but once a year.
Once an emporer's bath, it is now a shrine.

What have we gone to see?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I got a point! Exciting! ;-)
So next stop, could it be
Fasiladas' Bath in Gonder, Ethiopia?

Clowncar said...

I'd love to play but feel sadly out of my depth here.

I'm guessing Alexandria. But will confess up top that I arrived at that by Googling random proper nouns in your post.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

And she gets another one!
Vanilla! You are catching up *really* fast! Sheesh lady!!
Congratulations!

It is indeed the Fasiladas' Bath in Gonder. Great job!


Clowncar,

That's the best way to start looking for all of these clues! Keep trying!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I also thought it was in Alexandria, but was unable to find an Emperor's bath that was a shrine in 1893.

I think I'm out of my depth, too.

Vesper said...

Fasiladas' Bath in Gonder, Ethiopia - sounds so terribly exotic... I'm afraid I've never heard of it... :-)

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

My very dearest Hearts,

You are by no means out of your depth! They only fill the bath once a year now. ;o)
Keep playing, you have come up with some great ideas!


Hey Vesper!

So nice to see you!
It is pretty incredible, if you like history *at all* then you should google it and learn a little about it; it's fascinating!

And so is that ships graveyard at Skeleton Coast where we were just before this... SO cool!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore