I am originating it, it is my gift to all of those who have gifted me with so many fun memes all year.
Please share 12 of your favorite Christmas things: they can be memories, traditions, songs, presents, beliefs, whatever it is about this season that you love.
Send it to 12 people, and be sure to link to them so that everyone can enjoy the many variations!
1. The reason for the season ~ the birth of Jesus! I love the story of the Nativity.
2. All the kindness, compassion, love, good cheer, and magic that is tangible among people during this season. I wish it lasted every day of the year.
3. Drawing nearer to and spending time with family & friends, that closeness is precious.
4. I *LOVE* Christmas decorations, movies (don't you just love Charlie Brown and Rudolph?) and definitely the music; singing and playing it everywhere!
5. There must be snow at Christmas. Snow angels, snow people, snowballs, sledding, ice skating...
6. I love the way Christmas smells ~ pine, cider, baked delights (cookies, pies, ham), cinnamon, clove oranges, cranberry...
7. Driving around looking at Christmas lights, going to Zoolights at the zoo and Blossoms of Lights at the Botanic Gardens with loved ones, drinking cocoa, singing Christmas songs and playing in the snow! I also love watching the lights on the tree; used to fall asleep under it when I was a very small Scarlett. Oh wait! I still do that!
8. The candlelight service at church on Christmas Eve - the best part of which, is singing Silent Night by candlelight, and everyone gets their own candle (which adds an immeasurable element of danger to the soft and tranquil solemnities...) I always shed a few tears at this service.
9. The wide eyed wonder of children during the whole month; especially when they get to tell Santa what they want for Christmas... (You'll shoot your eye out kid!)
10. Dressing up in our best to go out for a special evening of dinner, a carriage ride and then to see a professional ballet company perform The Nutcracker Suite; something we never miss and always enjoy!
11. The solemn beauty and blissful thrill of Christmas Eve, there is no other night of the year that is filled with more magic, possibility, love or excitement for me than this one night.
12. The bright, welcoming, wide open opportunity of Christmas morning/day - for me it is the culmination of all the wonders of the month preceding it, and it is a spiritual renewal... for Christ our Saviour has been born... rejoice, rejoice Emmanuel.
1. Absolute Vanilla ~ who constantly remembers me on her tag list...
2. Sognatrice at Bleeding Espresso ~ for whom a candle is lit, and with whom I am very pleased to share my tree (see above)
3. Seamus the Shameless Lion Tamer ~ I can't wait to hear his Christmas thoughts!
4. Jon at Writing in a Vacuum ~ Christmas in England...
5. Christina at Single City Chick ~ I know there will be good stories here!
6. Rebecca at Cre8Tiva ~ A very lovely and creative Christmas...
7. Caroline Smailes ~ How does such a creative and busy woman handle the holiday?
8. Heart in SF at Guilty With an Explanation ~ A blend of Christmas and Hanukkah?
9. Dee at the Mundane and the Profound ~ She'll cook up quite a masterpiece, I am sure!
10. Jules at Thinking About ~ This will be a thoughtful and humorous ride...
11. Some Pink Flowers ~ Ahhhh... Christmas in Florida!
12. Jeni at Passionate Palate ~ Presto! A sweet and rich offering we'll all enjoy
If anyone else would like to play along, please join in! Just let me know and I will add a link to your page so that everyone can come by for a visit!
Don't forget the mistletoe!
Scarlett & Viaggiatore