Monday, January 26, 2009

Shenanigans

Okay, it's been FAR too long since I put anything up. I think it was that last post... it was so long that it became an intimidation; some enormous wall to get past to the next post. I promise never to post something that long again.

Thank you for all the messages and continual checking in on me, I am okay.

Now then!

Let's get to some good writing, some laughs, some good photography and perhaps even some new Scarlett Shenanigans... as I am quite good at those!

*...And in other news...*

Is anyone making bets on whether Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow this year? More winter, or an early spring? We've had more weather in the 60's and 70's this month than a few May's and June's I've seen... so I'm betting he's not going to see his shadow, we'll get a very early spring, and then we'll have white out blizzards in August... just a hunch.


I'll be making a brief pilgrimage to Arkansas to visit my sister and her family over Valentines weekend... I asked if she'd have moonshine on hand, and she said yes... ?! I wonder what the aftermath of this visit will be? Last time I pulled out my foreign visa and embarked on this sojourn, I met a zonkey by the name of Trouble; within 30 minutes of stepping off of the plane.
Some things are just too strange for words.


12 comments:

Suburbia said...

This is so strange! I was thinking about you, just this morning, and thought I would mail you tonight because you've been away so long, and here you are!! So good to have you back!

I'd love to see that little groundhog!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Of course she has moonshine -- she's in Arkansas. It's the law.

What's a zonkey?

Clowncar said...

Good to have you back!

I've had moonshine from my Oklahoma uncle's before. Pretty yeasty, pretty harsh, but pretty effective too.

molly said...

In Ireland, out in the bogs and the faraway [from the law!] hills, they have Poteen---[sounds like "Putcheen."]
I imagine it tastes similar to moonshine and that you'd need a cast iron gut to handle either!

Anonymous said...

I predidct that when all the enormous snows melt, everyone downstream will see higher than usual river levels. Also just a hunch.
Glad you're back. Let the shenanigans begin!

Kay Cooke said...

Have a wonderful trip south and do report back on anything unusual! Enjoy the moonshine - oops, I mean moonlight!?

Vesper said...

Looking forward to your shenanigans, Scarlett... :-)

I'm glad that you're fine.

J said...

We had a lot of warm weather, too...thankfully we seem to be getting some rain now. Whew. That's winter in my parts.

Scribblers Inc said...

and how have you been!! :D

Scribblers Inc.

P.S.-Long time! And I can say that again! :D

Jon M said...

I'll try moonshine one day! Good to hear from you again!

rbernascone said...

Dear Scarlett,
I was trying to do the "Scarlett needs" thing for facebook. Actually my name is Rossella but you don't get too far on google with "Rossella needs", so I posted the English translation of my name (got it from Gone with the wind & she's called Rossella in the Italian translation) & I ended up on you blog.
I just wanted to say that I find it really good and interesting!
All the best
Rossella
www.holynow.wordpress.com

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Suburbia!

Hello lady!
I didn't fall off of the edge of the earth... I promise! It was good to get back, and then I wandered off again!


Dear Hearts,

That's what the link is for! A zonkey is half zebra, half donkey.
Ohhhh... there was moonshine.


Hello Clowncar!

It's good to be back!
Um... yeah. Moonshine stays with you a while.


Miss Molly,

I'm SO GLAD that you told me that. When I get to Ireland, I will remember your wise warning and just have Guinness.
;o)


Hey Leslie!

Shenanigans are wonderful things. And it's a really fun word to use.
I've put it back into circulation in my town, and it's caught on like wildfire.


Dearest Kay,

I am home! I made it!
kind of...
;o)
There was moon everything.
ouch.


Vesper,

Thank you so much, it was quite a trip!


Jules,

Did you ever read that Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever had was summer in San Francisco?
I love the bay area... but OH the fog is cold in the morning!


Hey Scribblers!

And I will reiterate! A LONG time.
Sorry about that. I'll be over directly.


Hey Jon!

I'd advise you to steer clear of that stuff unless you've been broken in with gin over at Minx's first. Then you might be okay.

Maybe.

So glad to see you too!


Welcome Rossella!

Very nice to have you drop by. Thanks for coming and reading a bit! There are good people, good words and good things going on here most all the time.
I'm glad to share the name with you!



Scarlett & Viaggiatore