Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Farewell To A Friend~

We've seen and done so much,  you and I, haven't we?
Been through highs and lows together,
Sailed & flown through days & months & years, together.
We've laughed and cried, loved and fought,
You and I have watched so much time pass;
More than can be measured.

There is a bend in our road that you cannot see,
A change in the cadence of our walk.
There is a road that I must take alone, dear one,
And though I am letting go of your hand, know that I will
Always hold you in my heart.
I know there will be a day when this road brings me back
To you
I will hold your hand to my cheek & embrace you so tightly.

But until then,
I have promises to keep; promises made to people
I love
And I must keep my word.
So farewell, for a time, sweet friend.
May wings of Angels encircle you,
And keep you with my love,
Until I can return.

Thanks to Radeka Photography for the image

3 comments:

molly said...

You don't have to be together, in the same physical place, to keep a friendship alive.....

Anonymous said...

"Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting. "
--Peter Pan

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Miss Molly,

It's true! That's what texting and facebook are for.

:)


Anon,

I love Peter Pan. I seem to have a perpetuating fondness for boys who won't grow up. Older, yes, up, no. ;D


Scarlett & Viaggiatore