Friday, October 19, 2007

Paris in April in Phoctober


Paris in April... a photo I took and then photoshopped so that it would look old/antiqued with the color painted on, like they did a million years ago, when photographers first decided to add a little color to life. I LOVE this shot... or maybe it's just the memory of that time in Paris, in April, with a very dear friend.


This is a photo that I told MT that I would post soon, one that is similar to a shot he posted recently. This also was taken in Paris in April... in Montmartre.

And some of the others from that trip...


This jaunty little chap came to join us for lunch at a sidewalk cafe one afternoon. We tossed him a large crumb and he picked it up, hopped over to another table near us where his lady friend was waiting at the base, and gave it to her before he came back for another crumb for himself. He was rewarded handsomely for his efforts. Quite a delightful little fellow!

A carousel in the sunset... Notre Dame in the background. We rode several carousels all over Paris, I love them!

Notre Dame... from the back (near the carousel)


Looking into the courtyard of the Louvre


Cupid's secret... he lives inside the Louvre! (This makes perfect sense to me)



Ahhh... the sunset in Paris...




A visit to Versailles... this is the view from King Louis bedroom


Fountain statues behind Versailles... does he weep for the queen who no longer walks in the gardens?



Detail of Ledo Basin behind the palace at Versailles

I think that no matter how many people visit a place (or live there) and post photos and experiences about it... we all see it in different ways, see different things, so it's wonderful to share the wide, wide spectrum of life and the world we live in.

Rel at Under the Microscope has just come back from a tour of Europe and he has some really wonderful photos of Paris and other lovely places.... definitely worth a look!

13 comments:

Vesper said...

Excellent pictures, Scarlett! I find that memories from trips like this one are among the most lasting and meaningful in one's life. I might not recall what I did most of a year, but I will certainly not forget a beauty such as this filling my soul...

The Lost Poet said...

you have awesomes pictures, i wish one day travel for the world and take pics like you ^_^

Hi from Uruguay South America

Unknown said...

The photos bring back fond memories. I had the pleasure of living in Paris some 25 years ago for 6 too short months.

Taffiny said...

lovely photographs, memoryographs (not quite right, but you know what I mean) Scarlett.

You are right, the first photo is fab, and I miss the way old photos, even those from the 70's used to look and feel.

The bird and your story of him, are so dear.

It is so nice to borrow other's eyes, and minds, through their photos and words, and go for a bit of an explore.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant work, Scarlett. I am very jealous of your photos. The fountain is amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, dreamy, wonderful - and now you've given me a bad case of wanderlust, Scarlett!

You've also been given a "sweet award" and you've been tagged for a meme! ;-)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Ah these are just so gorgeous. Love that cupid! And my hankering for Parigi grows stronger....

Kay Cooke said...

Beautiful portrait of a beautiful city.

Misplaced said...

Beautiful shots of Paris- I found your blog via Sarala- I will return

S. Kearney said...

These are VERY GORGEOUS! You've captured so many flavours of my favourite city! :-)

Anonymous said...

"I think that no matter how many people visit a place (or live there) and post photos and experiences about it... we all see it in different ways..."

I agree with you and was thinking just what you said as I was looking at your photos. Thx for sharing them.

The Passionate Palate said...

Oh, oh, oh...I can taste the cafe' au lait and croissant, I can smell the crisp fall air, I can see the many interesting faces as I sit in a little cafe' on the Left Bank...
thanks for the day dream Scarlett!

exskindiver said...

love these pictures scarlett.
your pictures made me long.