If you could put your life to music... what songs would define you and your life? The Single City Chick posted a blog that inspired me to ask this question, and find out the answers!!
Leave a comment with your list, or a link to your blog with your list... what are your songs?
Here are Scarlett's...
1. Beethoven's 5th symphony (I. Allegro con brio) - I am born... it is a sketchy beginning but I make it and become very strong
2. Disney's Cinderella, A dream is a wish your heart makes - I am one of those little girls who stares into the sky with my chin in my hands and a daydream on my mind... oh wait. I still do that.
3. Patsy Cline, Sweet Dreams - ahhh the angst of adolescence and young love/crushes
4. Great White, The Angel Song - I long to escape my teen years
5. Peter Cetera, The Glory of Love - I believe myself to be rescued by the prince of my romantic dreams
6. Peter Illyich Tchaikovsky, Swan Lake & the Nutcracker - My romantic ideals take definite shape
6.5 John Lennon, Imagine - My political ideals also take shape
7. Tina Turner, Better be good to me - Reality sets in, my prince is a frog
7.5 Tchaikovsky, 1812 Overture - I win some battles & lose some battles
8. R. Kelly, I believe I can fly - I find my own strength and my life takes wings
8.5 Gene Kelly, Singing in the rain - I learn that I love raindrops and lemonade, but you can't have them without storms and lemons
9. Temptations, My girl - there is no blessing like all the many little girls in my life
10. Louis Armstrong, What a wonderful world & La Vie en Rose - aside from occasional thorns, my life is idyllic because I choose to make it/see it that way
There you are, top 10 and then some... I left out a lot, but where's the room for all of it?
If I did it again, I'd choose different songs for different reasons.
And you? What does the soundtrack of your life look like? Post it here in comments! I would love to see.